Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pineapple Pork with Pineapple & Veggie Tomato Sauce

As I was cooking for lunch earlier, I just tried a dish that I haven't really cooked before. I thought at first it will taste bad but I was surprised that my folks liked it. I'm gonna share the "recipe" with you guys. I even named it already.

Pineapple Pork with Pineapple & Veggie Tomato Sauce

You need:

1.5 kilo of pork liempo,thinly sliced and cut into three

1 can pineapple tidbits

1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce

1 sayote, julienne cut

1 can mushrooms

2 small/1 big potato, julienne cut

1 carrot, julienne cut

1 bell pepper, red, julienne cut

1 onion, cut into quarters and each layer separated

1 garlic, finely chopped

1 500g pack tomato sauce

1 small pack Aji-Ginisa

1/2 cup honey

1 cup water

1/4 cup red wine (optional)

1.5 cups flour

cooking oil

salt & pepper to taste

1. Separate the pineapple tidbits from its juice/syrup

2. Marinate pork in the pineapple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, and half of the AjiGinisa pack; add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside for a while.

while the pork is set aside, make the sauce.

3. In a sauce pan, saute garlic, onions, sayote, carrot, and potato.

4. Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and pineapple tidbits.

5. Add tomato sauce.

6. Add some salt and pepper and the remainder of the AjiGinisa pack.

7. Add the water. Cover the mixture until it simmers.

8. Add wine and honey. Cover again until it simmers. Set aside.

After making the sauce,

9. Coat the pieces of pork in flour and fry until golden brown.

10. Serve with sauce on the side.

Sample:

There is no available liempo that's why I used adobo cut. You can actually use any meat for this one.

No comments: